It’s chilly out, it’s approaching Valentine’s Day and you’re in the mood for something warm, chocolaty and infinitely comforting. But you don’t feel like making a huge mess in the kitchen or waiting ages for something to bake. (And you probably don’t feel like running to the store for a box of brownie mix either.) What would really get you in the mood for such a romantic holiday is an insta-dessert — something that bakes up in minutes and is just enough to feed you and your honey. Or maybe just you and you.
Well, look no further than this sugar-free gooey skillet brownie. It takes less than 20 minutes to make and serves exactly two. Or one, if you prefer. This is the kind of perfectly gooey comfort dessert that you just can’t get enough of. Best of all, it still fits into your low-carb, gluten-free diet. Go ahead — you deserve it!
Low-carb skillet brownie for two
Food energy: 198 kcal; Total fat: 23.81 g; Calories from fat: 214; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Carbohydrate, by difference: 9.26 g; Total dietary fiber: 4.57 g; Protein: 7.14 g; Sodium: 278 mg
- 5 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener or other granulated erythritol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and lightly grease a 6-inch ovenproof skillet (you can also use a 6-inch casserole dish).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener and baking powder.
- Stir in the water, oil or melted butter, egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and sprinkle with chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes, or until puffed but not quite set. The brownie should jiggle a bit in the center when shaken.
- Remove and top with lightly sweetened whipped cream or your favorite low-carb ice cream. Serve immediately.