There’s this keto thing that everyone’s drinking called Bulletproof Coffee. Maybe you’ve heard of it? It’s a blend of MCT oil and grass-fed butter with… coffee.
Maybe you’re thinking, “Drinking fat? Leanne, you have me ALL wrong.” Please, give me a chance.
Here’s the thing, I’ve realized that the classic keto blended coffee combo of MCT oil (or coconut oil) and butter doesn’t work for (most) women. It leads to cravings, blood sugar lows, shakiness and hormone fluctuations. All bad things.
Over the last 3 months, I’ve been adjusting the original keto recipe to come up with a keto formula that works better for women: that keeps us in a fat-burning state, maintains our morning fast, regulates hormones and without using butter. Because for most of us, butter makes our insides go crazy.
And I call it, the Rocket Fuel Latte.
I show you why the classic keto “butter coffee” doesn’t work for women and the simple steps you can do to be a keto, fat-burning machine, all day long.
For video transcription, scroll down.
- The breakfast that stops you from burning fat
- Why Rocket Fuel Lattes work, especially for women
- 4 simple rules for making a keto Rocket Fuel Latte that busts cravings, continues the fast and regulates hormones
Rocket Fuel Lattes make the classic keto butter coffee, better. Each keto ingredient has been specifically chosen for a purpose. In the video (above) I share the 4 simple rules for making a keto Rocket Fuel Latte of your own, if you want to sub ingredients for other ingredients.
This White Chocolate Rocket Fuel Latte formula has…
- The MCT oil: boosts metabolism, kicks up our fat burning.
- The cacao butter: boosts serotonin levels so you start the day off happily.
- The collagen: resets leptin, so that your body understands what fuel is what.
- The hemp hearts: send the message to your body; specifically your hormone system, that everything is safe. 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts are 0 net carbs, so shouldn’t stop your “fast” if you’re practicing intermittent fasting.
The key here is to add a small amount of protein and carbohydrates to your Rocket Fuel Latte. Again, the 4 simple rules for making a keto Rocket Fuel Latte are in the video (above).
- 8 oz. brewed decaf coffee or regular coffee or your favorite tea
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2-4 drops alcohol-free stevia, optional
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed collagen
- Brew coffee, add to the jug of your high-powered blender along with MCT oil, cacao butter, hemp hearts and stevia. Blend on high for 1 minute. During the last 10 seconds, add collagen. Transfer to a cup and enjoy.
How To Make Vegan: Replace the collagen with a touch-more hemp seeds, up to 3 tablespoons (3 tablespoons = 3g carbs, 9g protein) or with this vegan, low-carb protein powder.
No matter what you do with this keto recipe, I highly recommend keeping in the MCT oil (or coconut oil), collagen and hemp hearts.
I’ve become quite particular about my coffee beans. I’ve had good coffee beans (that make me feel on top of the world) and bad coffee beans (that make me sleepy, grumpy, stupid and shaky). I only recommend things on the blog that have worked for me, that I trust will work for you, too. Which is why I recommend the Bulletproof brand of decaf coffee and regular coffee as my coffee of choice. It’s the only bean I’ve used that consistently makes me feel good. Take it or leave it.