These yummy cheesy broccoli bites are low carb and also gluten free. Using almond meal keeps the carbs low and still tastes great. Perfect for a snack or an appetizer. I made these with frozen broccoli using frozen broccoli but I have also made these with fresh steamed broccoli in the past. Super good! Also a great way to get kids to eat their veggies.
Whisk the eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
Mix together with the cheddar cheese and almond meal.
Place frozen broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 minutes or until thawed. Stirring halfway thru.
Combine broccoli with other ingredients. Shape into 24 small patties using your hands. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Space them out so they are not touching. Bake a 400 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning them over after 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
- 1 (16oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup almond meal
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, stirring midway, to thaw. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne. Add the cheddar cheese and the almond meal, then add the thawed and drained broccoli. Use a large spoon to mix everything together well.
- Use your hands to form into 24 small patties. Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes on each side, until browned. Allow to cool a couple of minutes, then serve. fritters;Calories: 180; Total Fat: 13.7g; Carbohydrates: 6.4g; Sugars: 1g; Sodium: 269mg; Fiber: 3.2g;Protein: 10.6g